|Trek Store Canada Cup / Ontario Cup XC
UCI C2 / UCI Jr Series
Short Track – Cross Country
Hardwood Ski & Bike – Barrie, Ontario
June 2 to 4, 2023
Join us for the 26th Annual Event!! Cross Country mountain bike races for all levels of riders from Youth and Sport to Canada’s top World Cup racers. Come race, come watch, or come and do both.
See past Champions
Important Entry Information: Register Now – click here
• Early Entry Discount until May 18th
• Entry closes May 31 at midnight for all categories except Junior Expert and Elite. These categories entry closes at June 1st at 5:00 pm. This is final entry deadline.
• Expo and Team Tech Space reservation – click here
• Volunteer sign up – click here
• 2023 Canada Cup Tech Guide – click here
• 2023 Schedule/laps/distance – click here
Youth Course 8:30 am start
Sport Course 9:30 am start
Expert/Elite Course 11:30/1:45 start
Schedule of Events
Wednesday May 31
9:00 am to 6:00 pm – Courses open for Pre-ride* Purchase pre-ride tickets online in advance here
7:00 pm – Hardwood Wednesday Night Races. Fun races for everyone. Choose any 6 Hardwood trails to ride and race.
Midnight – Final Registration closes for Ontario Cup
Thursday June 1
9:00 am to 8:00 pm – Courses open for Pre-ride* Purchase pre-ride tickets online in advance here
Final Registration closes at 5:00 pm – NOTE: Jr Expert and Elite Riders must register in advance, and sign in and pick up race package by 5:00 pm Saturday June 3.
Friday, June 2
11:00 am to 3:00 pm – Short Track Number Plate Pick-up, Rider Sign-in
9:00 am to 3:00 pm – Courses open for Pre-ride* Purchase pre-ride tickets online in advance here
3:00 pm to 7:00 pm – Short Track Races – Short Track races are all “Open” races with categories based on age/gender only.
3:00 pm – Minime Girls (13-14), Peewee Girls (9-12)
3:20 pm – Peewee Boys (9-12)
3:40 pm – Minime Boys (13-14)
4:05 pm – Cadet Women (15-16), Master Women (35-49)(50+)
4:30 pm – Master Men (35-49)(50+)
5:00 pm – Cadet Men (15-16)
5:30 pm – Senior Women (19-34), Junior Women (17-18)
6:00 pm – Junior Men (17-18)
6:30 pm – Senior Men (19-34)
7:00 pm – Awards
Saturday, June 3
9:00 am to 5:00 pm – XCO Number Plate Pick-up, Rider Sign-in. (UCI/CCA rules state it is mandatory for Elite and Jr Expert riders to sign in and pick up race package by 5:00 pm Saturday June 3)
10:00 am to 5:00 pm – Official UCI Training Time, Cross Country course open for inspection/pre-ride* Purchase pre-ride tickets online in advance here
11:00 am – Fast and Female Power Hour Info and Register Here!
5:00 pm – Cross Country Managers/Riders Meeting
Sunday, June 4 – Canada Cup/Ontario Cup XC
7:00 am to 11:00 am – Number Plate and Package Pick-up, Rider Sign-in.
8:30 am Youth Races
Peewee Boys (11-12), Peewee Girls (11-12), Squirt Boys (8-10), Squirt Girls (8-10)
9:30 am Sport Races
Senior Sport Men (19-34), Junior Sport Men (17-18), Master Sport Men (35-44)(45-54)(55-64), Master Men (65+), Cadet Sport Boys (15-16), Minime Boys (13-14), Senior Sport Women (19-34), Master Sport Women (35-44)(45-54)(55+), Cadet/Junior Sport Girls (15-18), Minime Girls (13-14),
11:30 am Expert Races
Cadet Expert Men (15-16), Senior Expert Men (19-34), Master Expert Men (35-44)(45-54)(55+),
Cadet Expert Women (15-16), Senior Expert Women (19-34), Master Expert Women (35-44)(45-54)(55+)
1:45 pm UCI Elite & Jr Races
Senior Elite Men, Senior Elite Women, Junior Expert Men, Junior Expert Women.
Volunteers are the key to the successful organization of any event. Please register HERE if you would like to volunteer for any part, or all of this event. Volunteers all get race T-Shirt, lunch and snacks, and we will try to make your day as fun and rewarding as for the racers.
Suggested Accommodation – This is a prime holiday time so we suggest you make your accommodation bookings early!)
1. Horseshoe Resort is the Official Accommodation Partner of the Canada Cup. Rooms and Condos both available at special pricing. Bike and Pet friendly. Use this link to book with discounted prices https://horseshoeresort.com/#/booking/step-1?arrive=09%2F22%2F2023&promo=pulse&depart=09%2F24%2F2023
2. Limited “Camping/RV” spots are available at Hardwood on night before and after events. See HERE for details and to pre-register for a Camp/RV spot.
3. See Ontario’s Lake Country for full listing of Accommodation options, places to visit, things to do, etc.
Important Race Notes:
• *Pre-riding. All riders must purchase a pre-ride ticket from Hardwood Ski & Bike. Cost per rider is discounted $12/day tax incl for pre-registered riders.
• Licencing. Each Rider must present their National or Provincial Cycling Licence at time of package pick up. All non-Ontario residents must hold full UCI licence.
• All Non-Canadian riders must hold a valid UCI International Licence. Contact your country federation for details.
• Categories with less than 3 riders may be merged with other categories of same gender.
• General. All OCA/CCA and UCI rules and regulations will apply for this event. It is the riders responsibility to be aware of these rules.
2023 Canada Cup Prize Purse – as per UCI Guidelines
• Elite Men
• Elite Women
• Junior Expert Men
• Junior Expert Women
• Award Medals for all categories – 1st to 3rd
Short Track Awards
• Award Medals for all categories – 1st to 3rd